Saturday, July 22nd
Day 7: Incomparable and Unchanging
We often remind ourselves that God is eternal. This means He has no beginning and will have no end. This is a truth our human minds may battle with. Only One who is NOT controlled, governed or restricted by (and is greater than) time is able to create it! Being eternal also means God is complete and perfect in every way - even those ways we don’t understand or perhaps we don’t initially agree with!
Stop after reading each of the following quotes from the Bible and write down two things that God is showing you and speaking to you from them.
Ecclesiastes 3:14 AMPC
I know that whatever God does, it endures forever; nothing can be added to it nor anything taken from it. And God does it so that men will [reverently] fear Him [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is].
Psalm 89:5-8 HCSB
5 Lord, the heavens praise Your wonders - Your faithfulness also - in the assembly of the holy ones. 6 For who in the skies can compare with the Lord? Who among the heavenly beings is like the Lord? 7 God is greatly feared in the council of the holy ones, more awe-inspiring than all who surround Him. 8 Lord God of Hosts, who is strong like You, Lord? Your faithfulness surrounds You.
Psalm 119:89-91 HCSB
89 Lord, Your word is forever; it is firmly fixed in heaven. 90 Your faithfulness is for all generations; You established the earth, and it stands firm. 91 They stand today in accordance with Your judgments, for all things are Your servants.
1 Peter 1:22-25 HCSB
22 By obedience to the truth, having purified yourselves for sincere love of the brothers, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again—not of perishable seed but of imperishable—through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For ‘All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like a flower of the grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, 25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.And this is the word that was preached as the gospel to you.
Read Psalm 91. As you do, notice and compare the ‘seen’ with the ‘unseen’ as described by the psalmist.
Write down examples from the psalm of how the ‘unseen’ is greater and prevails over the ‘seen’.
What is the condition given for us to experience the ‘unseen’ (God’s will and way) prevailing over the ‘seen’ (the effect of sin in this world)?
What does this mean to you?
Concluding Questions for Discussion & Prayer:
- Go back through your responses from today's Bible quotes, what is God making clear to you? In prayer, take time to listen to Father God speak this truth into your heart.
- Today's truth about God is that He is incomparable and unchangeable.
- Think of a difficult situation in your life now and put it next to the infinite power and greatness of God. Allow God to open the eyes of your heart to truly see this natural situation from the unseen, eternal realm.
- What is the Spirit of God revealing to you about who God is in this difficult situation? Write it down, then declare this absolute truth in faith and in prayer, not just over this difficulty, but over the whole of your life.
- What unchangeable truth(s) about God has He settled in your heart this week? Let praise and thanksgiving flow from your spirit for what He has accomplished in you. Like the psalmists, write down these truths in the fullness that they have been revealed to you. Then share them freely with others so that the Spirit of God may reveal who God truly is through you.